Re: Where can I find Indy Rpg Books???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Northlander from 206.152.110.37 on April 19, 1998 at 02:07:25:

In Reply to: Re: Where can I find Indy Rpg Books??? posted by Michaelson on April 18, 1998 at 12:29:06:

: : Will someone help me out? I want to find Indy RPG stuff but none of the local stores have it. Can I buy direct from West End? ALso, any info on the RPG itself would be helpful, as I've never played it. Thanks.

: I'm not sure where you're writing from, but I have seen them at the store called "Media Play" here in the US as recently as a month ago. Regards. Michaelson

You can also maybe send for a catalog from West End Games. I'm not sure about WEG, but some game companies do have catalogs. Also ask to special order them from stores that might carry other WEG products such as the Star Wars RPG. I usually don't see Indy books in stock, but it doesn't take much effort to order them. another place you might try is from the Jawa Trader in the Star Wars Insider magazine, although it will surely be more expensive.

As for the game itself, there are two similar variations of it. The original game was made for a set of rules known as MasterBook, but I think the current rules have been adapted for the D6 System, which West End Games created to replace the MasterBook rules (I can't say I blame them!) You shouldn't have much trouble converting game materials from one set of rules to the other, however. As for playing the RPG, I have found it to be very hard to come up with good adventures that also have that authentic Indy feel to them without copying ideas that have already been used in the films at some point. I guess if you broaden your horizons a bit, maybe read the novels etc. for ideas, you can get a more expanded view of what is and is not Indiana Jones material. Then again you can play pretty much anything in that time period with the Indy RPG, not just religious artifact treasure hunts. :)

-Northy-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]