Re: Conspiracy Theories

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by auryn from ABD6B36E.ipt.aol.com on June 04, 1999 at 11:44:29:

In Reply to: Conspiracy Theories posted by Short Round on May 30, 1999 at 10:02:24:

Yikes, why has this suddenly become the X-Files? Okay I really don't think that there are any "conspiracies" in Indiana Jones, what you refer to are basically just possible plot twists.

: #1) Elsa didn't really die. Something must've happened. You seen her fall but you didnt see her die.

Hehe. Suddenly Elsa is Boba Fett. She had that jet pack on so she flew out off camera! Unless Elsa is still falling into a bottomless pit, she's dead. There was just no way she could have climbed out of there.

: And the Shankara Stone... couldn't one of them have been the Omphalos Stone in Dance of the Giants??

The Omphalos was introduced in Peril at Delphi. Also, the Omphalos did not look like the Sankara Stones, it was cone shaped.

: #3) Marion and Indy have to have gotten married!!!

Yeah, they probably did/do.

: #5) Deirdre's mother(What's her name!?!?!) and Indy were going steady for a time.

Her name is Joanna. And uh...no. I seriously doubt they were "going steady".

But speaking of Indy and conspiracies, I was saying on my web page once how Mulder and Scully are almost exactly like Indy. The two of them, like Indy, are often employed by the federal government to obtain information about unusual things. Mulder has a similar track record to Indy. Both basically always lose. Every piece of evidence they find is either taken away from them by the government and locked away or they lose or gives it up on his own. Neither ever sleeps unless he has been drugged or beaten unconcious. Both come from dysfunctional families and both had a younger sister who was lost. Like Mulder, Indy seeks the unusual, but like Scully, he is a scientist and needs proof. He does not believe in curses or the like until he sees their effect, when he changes for awhile only to not believe in the next episode. The first episode of The X-Files ends in the exact same way as the first Indiana Jones movie. About the only way they differ is in Mulder and Scully's significant lack of a sex life.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]