No blame being laid here...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 04, 1999 at 12:29:15:

In Reply to: Seamus is not to blame posted by Micah on June 04, 1999 at 12:15:47:

: : Well, I didn't know that my message would have such an impact. I was hoping that maybe someone else, most likely someone in Britain (where the article in question was published) would have heard about it and could throw some more light on the subject. Obviously not.

: The followup to Seamus's message, posted from someone going by the name Patrick Toulas, was the spark that ignited the powder keg. This fellow, who has never posted before and gave a bogus AOL address, posted an outright lie purporting to give details of the licensing problems that Wested was having.

: Seamus was simply looking for clarification on something he read. If it weren't for the deception by that other guy, I don't think we would have had such a reaction. Now, I'm curious about this leather wholesaler...

: --Micah

Understood and agreed. I certainly did not want to appear that I was laying blame at anyones feet, but I am stating that we ALL (and I include myself in the "ALL") should look a lot closer at unsupported information and practice the old "CYA" at all times anymore. If someone wanted to see if they could get a rise out of us over this, I'm sure they're satisfied. The interesting part of all this exactly what you say in your last line, Micah, I'm curious as to the catalog myself, and what they stand to gain with this confusion they started. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]