Re: How do you feel about George Lucas?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sevenwords from 1Cust21.tnt2.alameda.ca.da.uu.net on June 05, 1999 at 19:02:24:

In Reply to: Re: How do you feel about George Lucas? posted by Sean on June 05, 1999 at 17:08:29:

I totally agree...... the general public has a real problem with liking a good thing. this may be going off on a limb here, but I seriously think that people like that (not all, but most) are insecure about themselves liking something that a lot of people like also. They feel less like an individual...so to make up for it they say that they hate it...like they thought of some new idea...and in turn end up like all the other losers. Like everyone is some film critic now....and they all KNOW George Lucas (and "the Phantom Menace definatly isn't Star Wars") ...NOBODY knows what he is thinking except George.
I definatly don't know the whole story about the wested Jacket thing...so if I'm wrong I'm sorry, but if George cancelled a contract with Wested AFTER 10 YEARS SINCE THE LAST INDY MOVIE CAME OUT..well then he can do that, it's his Idea, besides he gave us an extra 10 years to buy the Jacket. I mean I want one, but I messed up and can't get one now...that's my fault not George's. Plus seeing the types of things that George has done...I think he has something up his sleeve...he does everything for a reason..that's why he waited 16 years to write another Star Wars, he didn't feel the time was right until then.
Sorry If this just sounds like rambling, it was kinda hard to get my Ideas into writing about this...and I didn't mean to offend anyone.

: Hi:
: Quite frankly I am tired of the Lucas/Spielberg backlash. Where were all the complainers when we were graced by the presence of Godzilla and it's marketing machine? How about Armageddon? Anyone else ready to shoot themselves next time they hear that stupid Titanic song? Anybody else out there keeping those Independence Day figures in a bank vault? I think what people are forgetting is that Lucasfilm (tm) :) is a HUGE corporation with interests in a broad spectrum of business. Lucas is responsible for little more than giving the company his name. Lucas is responsible for six, oops, 7 of the greatest American films ever made. That's all. He's a filmaker, not a tycoon. Just because he has more money than god doesn't mean everyone should get so down on him. It seems to be very fashionable to bash Lucas and Spielberg now. Granted, they are responsible for the emergence of the so-called blockbuster, I believe Jaws was the first movie to have that phrase applied to, but I disagree with anyone who holds them squarely responsible for the commercialization of film. I'm sorry but I LIKED sleeping in Indiana Jones pajamas on Star Wars sheets, only to get up in the morning and energize on a big healthy bowl of C3-PO's before trudging off to school in my Raiders sweatshirt (it was brown - what are ya gonna do, it's was 1981...) George Lucas didn't hold a gun to any of our heads and tells us to buy merchandise from his movies. I liked it and I still do. I am responsible in a way for George Lucas (perceived) wealth, and so are all of you I suspect. Just think of that before slurping down that Jar Jar juice...and for god's sake don't spill any on the Wested.
: Cheers,
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: