Re: How do you feel about George Lucas?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by David Zaritsky from spider-wi044.proxy.aol.com on June 06, 1999 at 06:41:39:

In Reply to: How do you feel about George Lucas? posted by Mark Indy on June 05, 1999 at 16:42:10:

Interesting posts...although I cannot dispute I like the movies he has produced and helped CO-CREATE like Indiana Jones, I have two very good friends that worked for Lucasfilm and one that still works there. All three of them say the same thing. Their dream was to work for Lucasfilm beleiving it to be a magical company fulfilling dreams and making wonderful films...well, they were half right. The two who left say they were literally the brunt of task masters and were told that their past lives stop at the door. They lost relationships and parts of their lives working for Lucasfilm. HOWEVER, and here is my point---never did they say it was George who was the bad boss. He is known to be quite generous. Unfortunately parts of his organization are quite blood thirsty (their quotes, not mine) both in the technical aspect and legal aspects. Even my friend that is still their states that it is not a matter of being perfectionists, that would be acceptable, it is a matter of egos unchallenged within the oranization. They tend to apple wash unabashedly. BUT, I will repeat myself, you need to separate the person of George Lucas from the very real corporation that Lucasfilm is. I would not want to work for Lucasfilm but i wouldn't mind working for George Lucas...I hope this ramble made sense...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]