Re: George Lucas' Buddies... and a message to Austin Powers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by sevenwords from 1Cust247.tnt2.alameda.ca.da.uu.net on June 06, 1999 at 14:21:31:

In Reply to: Re: George Lucas' Buddies... and a message to Austin Powers posted by ROB T. on June 06, 1999 at 02:52:47:

Go on wit' you bad self Rob!!

: Austin, I'm gonna assume you were talking about me in your post since I'm the one who used the word hypocritical when talking about peoples attitude to George Lucas. If you look back at my post titled "The Wested Website" you'll see that I was the only person who took Lucas' side in the jacket controversy. Therefore my later defense of Lucas is hardly hypocritical.
: I think he has a right to protect his copyright on the Indiana Jones character and I also think people are jealous of his success. I also have not been quiet in saying that he dropped the ball on "Phantom Menace." These views are not IMHO contradictory.

: ROB T.

: Also, I have a comment about George Lucas' real friends. George gave some of his Hollywood buddies an advance screening of "Phantom Menace"; notably Steven Spielberg and Ron Howard. They both pronounced the film incredible and mindblowing.
: These guys must surely have seen the problems this movie had and yet it looks like they kept their mouths shut. Couldn't one of them have pulled George aside and told him the truth about Jar Jar? He could have redubbed the voice and avoided a lot of the controversy. Maybe it was too late for a new script and better visuals but at least the annoying vocalization could have been fixed. Who needs friends like that. If a friend has bad breath you don't let him go off on a big date when you could have offered him an Altoid.

: Just an observation. Any comments?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]