Re: Need help from anyone who has a Wested Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn001a-109.cybertours.com on June 06, 1999 at 19:24:12:

In Reply to: Need help from anyone who has a Wested Jacket posted by Becky on June 06, 1999 at 13:21:04:

: Hi,

: I've been interested in purchasing a Wested Leather Jacket, but I'm having problems deciding between the lambskin and hide versions and the sating and cotton linings.

: I was hoping that I could be some feedback from anyone who has purchased and own either versions for some time. I've heard mixed fellings about the different materials. I've heard that the lambskin is baby-soft, but very thin and light. Is the lambskin as rugged as the hide version? Will it stand up to hiking and that sort of thing?

: What abou the linings? Which is better, the cotton or the satin. I've looked at the movies and the lambskin in Raiders and T of D appears to be really rugged. But after looking at some lambskin jackets in town, and asking questions, everyone has told me that the lambskin is not as durable as the hide and won't do as well in advernture type activities.

: Any feedback from anyone would be great.

: Also, is Wested still making the jackets? It seems they are, but has there been a final word, yet for Wested?

: Thank you so very much.

: Becky

You've heard it all in the last reply, but I will second it here. Satin lining is better, and the lambskin as absolutely durable. I've worn mine now for over eight years and the stitching hasn't come free and the leather is still supple and healthy. Great jacket! I have the Raiders version now and plan on getting the Crusade version soon.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]