The End of the Golden Voyage...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Kismet from ppp-22-pm1-beaverton.spiretech.com on June 07, 1999 at 11:04:33:

I knew this day would come eventually.
The Golden Voyage of Indiana Jones is over. The original Indy novel, published at my web site is coming down. Why? Because of the peculiarities of licensing, and the apparent lack of interest at both Bantam Books and Lucasfilms in continuing the novel series, there has been no interest in publishing the novel. Those of you who have read Golden Voyage will probably agree that this translates into a vote of No Confidence in the Indiana Jones novels. That's the bad news.

The good news is this. At the urging of my agent (and a few of you) the story of the Golden Voyage has been retooled to feature an adventure hero contemporary of Indy, but unique. His name, curiously enough, is Nick Kismet, and the novel will be published under my own name.

Because of this, I will soon be taking down the web-novel. (I may replace it with the new version, at least until my agent sells the manuscript.) The web site will change dramatically, becoming a promotional and information site focusing around the continuing adventures of Nick Kismet. I think you will all enjoy following Kismet as he journeys in the footsteps of Indy, uncovering mysteries of the past, fighting evil villains of the '30's and '40's and romancing beautiful women. In order to keep my place in the webring, Kismet's World will feature as many historical links as I can find, for the purpose of reference material that will be invaluable to any writer of Indiana Jones fan fiction. And with Bantam turning its back on Indy, fan fictionmay be all we have left...

For all of you who have taken the Golden Voyage with me, I give my sincere thanks. A big shout out to Mark, for giving Nick Kismet a job.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]