Re: Indy music

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 19, 1998 at 11:59:59:

In Reply to: Indy music posted by Aragorn on April 17, 1998 at 18:11:03:

: We've been through our favorite scenes and our favorite lines... but how about our favorite pieces of music? Music that conveys well the situation Indy's found himself within, sets up the perfect mood, and makes his adventures a thousand times more thrilling. Let's go with our favorite three, excluding the RAIDERS MARCH. Here's mine...

: 1) The music played during the liberation of the children in the Thuggee catacombs from TEMPLE, right after Indy says "Right. All of us."

: 2) The music from the desert chase in Raiders, as Indy struggles to gain control of the truck. I love the beat it has... DUM. DUM. DUM- dum-dum-dum-dum.

: And...

: 3) The music we hear when during the motercycle chase in CRUSADE.

: Anyone else?

: Aragorn

Of course all the usual are my favorites, but I have one particular favorite, not for what it is, but what happened one day while listening to it. It is the weird music from Temple of Doom in the temple of the thugees, as they gathered for the sacrifice. The drums, the strange singing and chanting... One day in '84 I was sitting in my living room listening to my T of D movie sound track record while sharpening kitchen knives. There came a knock at the door. I went to the door to find a UPS man standing there, with ironically a shipment of a Indiana Jones Stetson I had ordered. He gave me a strange look, shoved the box into my hand, and quite literally RAN for his truck. I then realised that this thugee chant was rumbling from behind me, and there I stood at the front door with a butcher knife in my hand. I never saw that delivery man again, and to this day I wonder what he thought when he made that delivery! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]