Re: Modifying the Stetson Nostalgia

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-23.COL.cableone.net on June 08, 1999 at 06:42:15:

In Reply to: Re: Modifying the Stetson Nostalgia posted by Michaelson on June 07, 1999 at 19:41:25:

: : Most of you folks probaly know that the Nostalgia comes with a 2 3\4 inch brim, which isn't the correct brim dimension if you are seeking to replicate Indy's. You can purchase this hat from Stark & Lugum and specify that you want the ribbon to be replaced with one of the 1 1\2 inch variety, and you want them to cut the brim down to the proper width. I just found this out and was surprised to discover they have a hat shop in addition to their retail operation. I just replaced the 1 3\4" ribbon on my Nostalgia with one 1 1\2. It does make a difference in the overall appearance of this hat. Kinda looks like the fedora in TLC. Steve

: They do NOT have their own hat shop, but it is the Hatworks folks we've been telling you all about for the past year or so. They are located upstairs from S & L, and are a separately owned and operated shop. You can go directly to them, or through S & L. Either way, the Hatworks folks are the ones actually doing your work. I know, I have had two hats made up this way by Ann. Regards. Michaelson OOPS! Guess I should have delved a little deeper when I talked to those folks. They (S&L) took my credit card number, but apparently the shop did the work. Thanks for clearing this up. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]