Re: Webley, 1911, etc.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Max Schulte from ascend225.extern.uni-essen.de on April 19, 1998 at 12:42:36:

In Reply to: Re: Webley, 1911, etc. posted by Michaelson on April 19, 1998 at 11:39:47:

: : : : Anyway, I've got a question concerning the other guns in the movies.
: : : : What the name/calibre of the machine gun used during the boat chase
: : : : in Venice?
: : : : The German soldiers are mostly carrying K 98 rifles (.308) and the Mp40 machine gun (I dont remember the calibre: 7.62 ???). I also
: : : : recognized the P08 Luger and P38 (both 9mm) and the Mauser C96
: : : : (7.63 Mauser) during the bar fight. At the beginning of ToD Lao Che
: : : : definetly made use of a 'Tommy Gun' (.45 ACP).

: : : : Regards,

: : : : -Max

: : : Max, I think the machinegun used during the Venice boat chase sequence was a British Sten gun. But I also have a question for the gun experts in this string, what were the rifles used by Captain Blumbart's Sepoy troops in the bridge sequence of Temple of Doom? -CP

: : As far as I remember the troops used the Lee Enfield Rifle MKIII. It's
: : actually a bolt action rifle used for military purpose in the calibre
: : .303 British. They used the 10-round detachable magazine. The position
: : of the bolt and the ease and smoothness of the action made this rifle
: : famous for the speed with which it can be fired. I think it was used
: : by the British Army in WWI and WWII.
: : Btw, thanks for answering my question concerning the machine gun...

: : -Max

: Sorry to have disappeared during this discussion. The Sten gun was an interesting choise for the boat scene,eh? I guess my favorite problem on the T of D shoot out at the end is the British soldier in the foreground shooting across the ravine, who trys to double feed his Enfield, and jams the gun when it kicks out two shells at the same time. Very embarrassing, and in a bad situation, rather deadly. Thanks for the offer on the cylinder stop. I did indeed find the part through the company Victoria Trading Post here in the US. I pulled out my old list, dated 1992, and saw at that time he had Mark VI flap holsters of military issue for sale at around $75 then, from the Boer war and WW I. Wonder if his stock has changed much? I believe I'm going to fax him and find out. Regards. Michaelson

Gee, I remember this scene Michaelason! This guy was desperately
trying to shoot again. The only thing I really would like to know
if the jammed gun was planned or if it was an accident.

-Max

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]