Re: Becky's Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupE164.mpls.uswest.net on June 08, 1999 at 14:31:10:

In Reply to: Re: GOT MY WESTED, BABY! posted by Becky on June 08, 1999 at 13:05:39:

As far as I know the cotton lining was just a mistake. I specifically said I wanted satin lining but after ordering I started to have second thoughts when I heard cotton was cooler. When you order yours (if e-mailing) I'd capitalize SATIN and write it a couple times. The leather is not that thin at all. I've had dozens of leather jackets and I think everyone thinks it's so thin because there's no "winter jacket" type lining, there's nothing between the leather and cotton/satin. The thin-ness is an illusion I think. It doesn't seem as "buttery" soft as everyone says either. I mean it is soft but it's strong too. It's really smooth, not much "hide texture", kinda like a biker's jacket. The thing that I really like and the thing that I noticed right away is its weight. It's super light. It seems lighter than a jean jacket, after you have it on for a second you don't even notice it's there. I'd definitely recommend it to anybody who grew up watching Indy, and I don't know if I'll ever take it off.....

Austin....Danger Powers

P.S.
---Order yours as soon as you can, baby...the sooner ya order it, the sooner you'll be wearin' it baby, yeah!

: Was it a mistake that you got the cotton, or did Wested just not have the materials at the time? Is the leather nice, as nice as everyone is indicating it is? Is as thin as everyone says? Just wondering. Going to order mine this week, but I wanted satin lining, not the cotton.

: thanks

: Beck

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: