Recommended Read for Indyfans

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.175 on June 08, 1999 at 15:13:03:

If you've already read Nick Kismet's excellent Golden Voyage of Indiana Jones, (get it while you can folks!) and you're hungry for some more Indy-style adventure, here's a new book you might like - I just finished it at 3:00am last night.

It's called 01-01-00. Wierd name, I know. It's starts out as a thriller like Silence of the Lambs, but involving computer viruses rather than serial killers. There's even a Hannibal Lecter-style hacker genius that taunts the female protagonist from his cell.

Anyways, later the trail of the mysterious virus leads to the jungles of the Yucatan, where the female lead teams up with an ass-kicking adventurer/archaeologist. They race against an evil villain to discover the secret of an ancient Mayan city filled with puzzles and death traps, etc... Lots of fun, I thought. I almost got overwhelmed by all the hacker lingo and computer-driven plot twists, but by the time they got to the man-eating ants, the secret passageways running through the temple and the threat of a Mayan apocalypse, I was having a fine old time. Check with your local library if you don't wanna gamble on my opinion. I don't mind and the librarian will be thrilled.

walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]