Well, I suppose that all of them. (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rob from tweedledum.its.utas.edu.au on June 08, 1999 at 17:01:00:

In Reply to: Re: Okay, Let's name all the In-Jokes in Fate of Atlantis posted by Swordmaster on June 07, 1999 at 15:18:59:

: : Let's tack off all of the humorous in-jokes in FOA! There's probably some I missed. These are in no particular order, please add on!

: - In Atlantis, there's a statue holding a cup. When Indy looks at it, he says "Surely, this is NOT the cup of a carpenter." This is a reference to The Last Crusade, where the Holy Grail was made by a carpenter (if I remember right).

: - If you look at your camel many times on the desert, Indy will name it "George". I wonder why.

: - In Indy's office, there's a purple glowing meteor on the shelf. It's a reference to LucasArts' first adventure game, Maniac Mansion, in which a purple meteor caused all kinds of troubles.

: - You can spot an R2 unit in the Barnett College basement.

: - One of the streets in Monte Carlo is called Boulevard des Guerres des Etoiles. "Guerres des Etoiles" is "Star Wars" in French.

: - Two statues found in Omar's house, a red one with a man with a bow and a black bird statue (also a reference to the Maltese Falcon) can also be found in Indy's office in The Last Crusade game.

: - If you stay underwater long enough when diving in the action path, a death screen will come up saying that Indy couldn't hold his breath as long as Guybrush Threepwood. Guybrush is the star of LucasArts' Monkey Island games.

: - One of the items you can get from Omar is a voodoo doll. When Indy looks at it, he says it's got spit all over it. It's a reference to LucasArts' Monkey Island 2 where the villain LeChuck used to spit all the time and used a voodoo doll on the protagonist.

: - Another item from Omar is a baseball, supposed to be signed by Lou Gehrig, but actually signed by Ron Gilbert - the designer of Monkey Island series.

: - If Indy uses the flashlight in the Monte Carlo hotel room without Trottier being in the room, Indy will make a shadow figure on the wall that looks like a rabbit. It's Max from Sam & Max cartoon.

: These are the ones that I know, added to your jokes. Pictures of these all can be found at LucasFans (link below).

: --Swordmaster

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]