Re: Wanna Meet In A Chatroom Sometime???

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brisco from fwk098144.res-hall.nwu.edu on June 08, 1999 at 18:29:43:

In Reply to: Wanna Meet In A Chatroom Sometime??? posted by Short Round on June 08, 1999 at 12:23:43:

Short Round wrote
: in Talkcity.com in Foodtalk or !GAME!GUESSMOVIEBYPLOT and my nic name is shiwan. Its a weird name. I chose it from the movie The Shadow, which is the supposed name of Shiwan Khan last descendant of Gengis Khan.

Actually, the name is from The Shadow pulp novels, by Maxwell Grant (Walter Gibson), sixty years before the movie version of The Shadow. I'm one of the few who enjoyed the movie, but I've still got to admit that it's got nothing on the originals. If you're a fan, I recommend seeking out paperback reprints of old Shadow pulps (though they are very hard to find these days), or else the much easier to come by Shadow comic books. The 1974 DC series (O'Neil and Kaluta) and the 1989-91 DC series "The Shadow Strikes" are both very faithfull to the character's roots, and both feature Shiwan Khan at some point.
I'm surprised there's not more Indy/Shadow fan crossover. Both are cool 1930s adventureres with awesome hats... Gary Gianni once pitched a Shadow/Indy crossover comic book to Dark Horse, when both characters were there, but somebody (don't know if it was DH or Lucasfilm or Conde Naste) nixed the idea. Too bad. Gianni has worked on both characters and always done a wonderful job. I'm sure it would have been a teriffic book.
Brisco

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]