check out the Indy web ring - many Indy pages have a link to get there (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.175 on June 09, 1999 at 07:14:25:

In Reply to: Oh yea, where do I get Golden Voyage?nm posted by Indy on June 08, 1999 at 17:30:40:

: : If you've already read Nick Kismet's excellent Golden Voyage of Indiana Jones, (get it while you can folks!) and you're hungry for some more Indy-style adventure, here's a new book you might like - I just finished it at 3:00am last night.

: : It's called 01-01-00. Wierd name, I know. It's starts out as a thriller like Silence of the Lambs, but involving computer viruses rather than serial killers. There's even a Hannibal Lecter-style hacker genius that taunts the female protagonist from his cell.

: : Anyways, later the trail of the mysterious virus leads to the jungles of the Yucatan, where the female lead teams up with an ass-kicking adventurer/archaeologist. They race against an evil villain to discover the secret of an ancient Mayan city filled with puzzles and death traps, etc... Lots of fun, I thought. I almost got overwhelmed by all the hacker lingo and computer-driven plot twists, but by the time they got to the man-eating ants, the secret passageways running through the temple and the threat of a Mayan apocalypse, I was having a fine old time. Check with your local library if you don't wanna gamble on my opinion. I don't mind and the librarian will be thrilled.

: : walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]