Re: Now That Ya Mention It Mark There Was Also Something Else.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mark Indy from user-37kah7e.dialup.mindspring.com on June 09, 1999 at 14:59:59:

In Reply to: Now That Ya Mention It Mark There Was Also Something Else. posted by Short Round on June 09, 1999 at 13:02:00:

:
: :
: : : #3) When Indy and Dad are on the motorcycle they go through a gate. And another dude is ahead of them. But when he takes the flagpole they show an angle and they are coming from the gate again!!!!! It keeps happening through this whole few seconds!!!!

: : If I remember correctly, the first gate was the German guardpost, and the second gate was the Austrian guardpost. The guy on the motorcycle simply cut into Austria and was coming at Indy and Dad from the wrong side of the border! Highly illegal to say the least.

: : Mark

: After Indy and Dad have gotten away from those Nazi stooges they stop at a sign which tells either Venice, or Berlin and a couple of other places. And everyone knows Berlin is in Germany and they went out of Germany, and they wouldn't have the capitals of the countries there. And Venice is in Italy which is seperated from Austria by a country or two so why say Venice when Venice isn't near there and if they could why say Venice when you can say Italy instead. Do ya get mah drift?

Actually Shorty, Austria shares a border with Italy and Venice is very close to the border (it lies in the panhandle). Also, that part of Austria isn't too big accross, so it's a short distance from Italy to Germany at that point. Those kind of road-post signs with arrows pointing toward different cities are (or at least were) pretty common in Europe, you can see them in some WWII movies. I came across a few myself back in Poland.

It occurs to me though that Austria might have already been annexed by Hitler. What year does it say at the beggining of Crusade when Indy gets his lights punched out on the Coronado, I can never remember those dates no matter how many times I've seen them. I'd swear it was 1938, because Raiders is 1936 and ToD 1935 right?

Mark

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]