I don't know why he swallowed a fly, I guess he'll die...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on June 09, 1999 at 23:06:50:

In Reply to: Raiders of the Ark posted by Willie (I'm not that kinda girl) on June 09, 1999 at 16:40:07:

Watch Belloq's lower lip when they're on the island at the end. When he says the line, "Your persistance surprises even me. You're going to give mercenaries a bad name." That's when the fly lands on his mouth and crawls inside never to be seen again.
It's a little hard to see on video but whenever I've seen the movie at a theatre, the fly is so obvious that the entire audience gasps.

The R2D2 and C3PO thing I've never been able to spot either. I just watched "Raiders" again a few weeks ago and had no luck.

As far as "Raiders" being rated PG. If it were released now I have no doubt it would receive the harsher PG-13 rating.

I thought "Temple of Doom" was the first movie to receive a PG-13 but according to the IMDb it was rated PG as well. Now that I think about it, it was the strong violence of "ToD" that led to the creation of PG-13 a few months later.
Movies are never resubmitted for a stronger rating once they've been released but if "Raiders" and "Temple" were new they'd both be rated PG-13.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]