Re: "What are ya trying to do, scare me."

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah17-191.barrie.connex.net on June 10, 1999 at 08:27:54:

In Reply to: "What are ya trying to do, scare me." posted by Short Round on June 10, 1999 at 06:51:28:

: Did you notice on Raiders and Crusade anytime Indy and Marcus are alone you hear that creepy music and Marcus starts to give a philosophy about what the artifact is and trying to scare Indy into not going. Like he said "Indy the Ark... It's like nothing you gone after before" and he goes on. The same with Last Crusade. I think it's annoying. Why does Marcus do this like he knows something Indy doesn't.
: "You know I don't believe in that magic, superstitious hocus pocus."
: It's like Marcus is talking about the boogy man.

Short Round:
I feel it's perfect. MArcus serves as a surrogate father of sorts for Indy in "Raiders," a voice of reason in Indy's dangerous lifestyle. It's up to Marcus to remind Indy and us that the quest for these artifacts isn't all fun and adventure but dangerous and deadly. As for "Last Crusade," it's an obvious tip of the hat to "Raiders," as is the shot composition of the scene in which Marcus walks into Indy's classroom. Last Crusade is full of stuff like that, go out and rent "North By Northwest." There's a scene in that film which is identical to Indy's confrontation of Donovan in his apartment, as well as an homage to NBNW'S famous crop-dusting scene. Last Crusade is all about affection to the past, and what better film to be affectionate about than Raiders?
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: