Re: Things You Noticed In The Movies/Books/Tv Show That Others Haven't.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 10, 1999 at 13:56:47:

In Reply to: Things You Noticed In The Movies/Books/Tv Show That Others Haven't. posted by Short Round on June 10, 1999 at 13:40:20:

: Well I noticed quite a few things. The music is borrowed from other Lucasfilm and other movies but many have noticed this and I notice a lot of bloopers/goofs/mistakes that were un-edited. I also noticed Shorty's pants have been changing since various scenes in the movies. And on one of the young Indy movies(dang which is it!) that he is asked to fly over a place and take a picture, and he volunteers to fly. But on ToD he says he can't fly and on LC he says "Fly, yes. Land, no." I also FOUND OUT that the guy on the plane who is reading a Life Magazine is actually sound designer Ben Burtt. In the books they never mention Short Round or the Kid Who Picked Indy's Pocket, or they never mentioned how he got the Ashes of Nurhachi. On Last Crusade when he gets out from underneath the coffin of the skeleton guy with the inscription on his shield he goes somewhere to look for a way out, but that is petrolium. But on Star Wars: ANH when they were filming the scene with the Dianoga in the trash compactor they were really using gasoline o something similar to petrolium and they told Hamill not to open his eyes or his mouth and they did it very quickly. So no one could go under petrolium and open their eyes and why didn't the fire go under the petrolium and light the whole thing with fire like the top?? The top would be no different from underneath. He has an inseperable whip, hat, and a jacket that never wears out. They ought to make life like that huh? And on Last Crusade Indy is stepping on the letters in the Word of God right? And he accidently steps on a J which is how you spell the modern english word of Jehovah. But he remembered that Jehovah began with an I right? Thats because in the Early Latin days the J was not common so why is the J there? Young Indy's life changed from one train ride huh?(Experience with a whip, getting and always wearing a Fedora, being scared of snakes, getting an idea for apparel, etc.)
: Wu Han's dying words were "I followed you on many adventures" but what many adventures?? The only adventure he followed Indy on was in Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs, and it was more of a quarter of an adventure. Most scenes are played one after another but from different angles just to let the other subject(Shorty beating up the Mahrajah and pulling out the needle from the VooDoo doll in time for Indy to regain his strength and beat up the big bad guy.) pass by first.

: Well thats all I could name Indy fans. The reason I didn't number it cuz I wasn't in the mood. See yas, Mr. Round.

Not sure about all your other items here, but the petroleum questions are just science. Petroleum is lighter than water, and therefore floats on top of water. As you know water does not burn, but the petroleum floating on top will. Even if it were pure gasoline, without oxygen to feed the fire, exactly how would the gas burn underneath? Once again, the cumbustable fuel is on top where the oxygen is. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]