Re: Raiders "Ark Book"

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 20, 1998 at 08:20:47:

In Reply to: Re: Raiders "Ark Book" posted by Indiana Giles on April 19, 1998 at 18:28:30:

: : : Does anyone know of any attempts to find or duplicate the large book from Raiders in Indy's possession that depicted the Ark that was used in the school scene ? I'm guessing it was an old Bible, but we're not really told this. I haven't seen any large books with that kind of hinge work before or since. Regards. Michaelson

: : I'll bet it was a fake "prop" book made just for the movie, but who knows? It may have been a Bible or something. I can't find any mention of it in the Lucasfilm Archives book.

: : -Northy-

: I've seen similar type books at our provincial government archives. They were in temperture & light controlled rooms that also had air purification systems. You might send a video caption of the scene to the library of congress and ask them if they have anything like that. Their currently scan alot of their rare collection on to the net. Who knows.

: Indiana Giles

I appreciate your input. I have never seen this ever mentioned in all these years, and have always wondered where it may have come from. We've sure disected every other aspect of the movies in our search, but never that one. Thanks again. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]