Re: hmmm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 10, 1999 at 14:05:55:

In Reply to: hmmm posted by Browning on June 10, 1999 at 13:59:32:

: I won't argue with the problem of availability. The Hi-Power had only been available commercially from Fabrique Nationale for a year at the time of Raiders and only in limited numbers, but unfortunately Raiders is full of anchronistic equipment(Mk VII bag, Walther P-38), so although your reasons are all correct they don't rule out the Browning by themselves. As far as the groove is concerned, I'm not sure I made myself clear. Neither the M1911 or the M1911A1 had the "groove" I'm talking about. They both have a similar point where the lower portion of the slide narrows (over the guide rod and spring) but the portion of the slide which covers the barrel itself (top two-thirds or so) remains the same width. And it really, REALLY looks like the gun Indy had shows the groove from top to bottom like the Browning. Again, just a friendly disagreement. I currently own a M1911A1 and sold my Browning several years ago. I intend to remedy that mistake soon and it'll be the Hi-Power I keep in my Mk VII bag. I love this discussion.

: -Browning

Amen to that brother! Max and I occationally have these discussions too. Keeps the cobwebs cleared away. Keep your powder dry, my friend! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]