Re: Webley holster difficulties- anyone else?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 11, 1999 at 08:18:23:

In Reply to: Re: Webley holster difficulties- anyone else? posted by Forrestall on June 10, 1999 at 20:21:47:

: : : Anyone else here with a Webley holster...I seem to have a problem with this thing on my belt. I have a reproduction WW1 Webley holster. Because of the way the belt loop is positioned, the holster wants to tip forward in an annoying way. Is Indy's holster supposed to be like this? His seems to be tipped back most of the time, with the barrel pointing forward or down. Has anyone else had this difficulty? Is there a good way to correct it?

: : : Cheers,
: : : Abner

: : From the ones I've handled and seen, that's the way the true military Webley holster was made, to tip forward for easy of revolver removal. They had to have made changes to the loop on the movie holster, as I often wondered why his DIDN'T forward in the second and third movies. Regards. Michaelson

: I can't swear to the TOD holster, but a former source at Lucasfilm told me the LC holsters were stamped Ted Blocker Holsters. Blocker confirmed this, but was not able to retain the pattern. This explains the belt loop positioning. Also directors prefer to work with 9mm autos (Browning P-35) instead of .45's because the 9mm functions more reliably with a muzzle constricter (blank adapter) resulting in fewer retakes. Forrestall

Excellent point regarding the blank adapter. Problem is, you just gave ammunition to my old friend "Browning" below in our discussion regarding Colt .45 vs. P-35's in the Indy movies. I stick my tongue out at you too.(grins) Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]