Re: I need your opinion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Kismet from ppp-43-pm1-beaverton.spiretech.com on June 11, 1999 at 15:00:12:

In Reply to: I need your opinion... posted by ROB T. on June 10, 1999 at 22:07:52:

This one may sting a bit...

Marion Barry (sic?) Infamous crack-smoking mayor of Washington DC

: This weekend I had a disagreement with my mother and I need another opinion to back me up or to say I'm mistaken.
: Mom asserts that Marion Ravenwood's name is misspelled. She says MariOn is the masculine spelling and MariAn is the feminine. I say most people wouldn't make that distinction and would say that Marion is a womans name no matter how you spell it.
: The reason this is important is because I'm a man and my mother gave me Marion as a middle name. So all my life I've been mildly embarassed that I have a girl's middle name. It didn't help that when I was ten years old my sister Heather was born and Mom named her Heather Marian.
: She says the 'A' makes all the difference and I say it doesn't.

: This isn't a big, hairy deal or anything I'm just curious. Does everyone but my mother think of Marion as a girl's name?

: Be honest and candid. I've heard every joke there is about having a girls name.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]