The Inspiration For The Thuggees.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from proxy-391.public.rwc.webtv.net on June 12, 1999 at 14:56:50:

A lot of movies have cults similar to the Thuggee cult and always have "That Part" where they demonstrate for the audience and show gut wrenching scenes and for some reason you could tell Lucas got this from some place, like it was from a classic but a little revised. Like this one really sh*t* movie, The Mole People.

#1) The name Mole People and Mola Ram kind of sound alike.

#2) On ToD, Mola Ram says some words and puts his hand down saying stuff right? On the movie they have this electric bult looking thing and they put it near another and do funny stuff with it. And they take these ladies and puts them in a room and they come out crispy like burnt. And on ToD they put them in lava and uh... they get burnt(duh)

#3) There is a part where the guys who found this clan of peoples is kind of agreeing and being their friend right, like when Indy fell in the black sleep of Kali Ma, and on the scene where Shorty burns Indy he gets out of it and they both engage and beat the sh*t out of the Thuggees. And on the movie I seen they both turn around and punch the guards and starts fighting but it had the worst choreography I ever seen!!! The swords looked so fake the punched were tooooooooo fake and when a sword sticks into the bad guys they just hold it on their side and pretend it got them!!

#4) They show slaves and people whipping them and etc.

And I think this movie kind of inspired the Indy trilogy. But if this movie wasn't on MST3K I wouldn't have watched the whole thing. MST3K is a tv show about a guy and two robots who sit down and make fun of a really sucky sci fi movie and it is hilarious. The Mole People was made in 1955. If you try to watch it I suggest you watch it MST3K style.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]