Re: Anybody ever try to sell a manuscript or screenplay to Lucasfilm?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shade from 98C9D987.ipt.aol.com on June 12, 1999 at 16:51:25:

In Reply to: Re: Anybody ever try to sell a manuscript or screenplay to Lucasfilm? posted by Nick Kismet on June 12, 1999 at 00:25:15:

Well, that just plain SUCKS. Oh, well, I'll keep writing, anyway, even if no one ever sees it. So, does anybody know how McCoy and MacGregor ended up being commissioned by Lucasfilm to write their novels? And, to Nick: what has happened with your novel? Is it online? Is there a lot more fan fic Indy stuff online than the work on this site? Did the company say anything to your agent about the legality of having written a novel, without it being commissioned by Lucasfilm?

: My agent contacted Lucasfilms regarding the sale of an Indiana Jones novel I had written. They said in no uncertain terms that if they don't commission the work, they don't want to see it. This means that no matter how good it is, they won't read it in order to avoid a potential plagarism liability (in the odd chance that whatever you've written is similar to something they already have in production.) This goes for all Lucasfilms properties, including Star Wars. Furthermore, the buzz from both Lucasfilms and Bantam (publishers of the novels) is that there will be no more Indy novels until their is another movie. And chances are, they won't revive the novel series even then. In short, Indy lives on only in the fan fiction, which is fine since most of the fan fic is way better than the novels ever were.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]