I agree with you, Shorty...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on June 13, 1999 at 01:02:04:

In Reply to: Indy's Multiple Personalities. posted by Short Round on June 12, 1999 at 06:39:40:

I watched "ToD" today for the first time since opening day 1984. Indy does seem more superstitious about the stones than he was about the Ark. Not to jump on a religious bandwagon here, but it seems that there would be more reason to believe in something that's recorded in the Bible than in some old Indian folklore.
Also, since "ToD" is a prequel, shouldn't Indy have been MORE worried about the Ark after his travails with the Thuggee? He saw a mans heart get ripped out and keep beating while the man stayed alive. Then he saw that heart burst into flames. Indy was also turned into a zombie by drinking some blood.
After all that, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss a lot of superstitious hocus pocus.
However, Indy did in the end show some belief in the Ark. He knew not to touch it and also not to look upon its power. For all Belloq's talk about believing in the Ark, he didn't show it the same respect that Indy did when all was said and done.
We know how that worked out for him.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]