Could a Whip Really Do That? Sure, why not?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 13, 1999 at 09:21:28:

In Reply to: Could a Whip Really Do That? posted by Short Round on June 13, 1999 at 07:36:32:

: On Raiders(which I was watching 11:00 at night) when Indy goes under the truck he lashes his whip on something but it looks like it(the whip) had a hook on it. Do whips really have these things? I never knew it was his whip until I found out after watching that scene a hundred times.
: P.S. I got a reply from Wested leather through email yesterday and they said that you know the rumor was a crap blah blah blah and they made the Imperial(?) Guard uniforms but the tan ones(huh?) and they made a few leather vests. I mean for the Star Wars movie.

Well, actually he doesn't "hook" the whip to anything, he wedges the ball of the whip into an angle iron of the truck frame. If the ball is plaited tightly enough, I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work, though it sure would play hob with the whip integrity when he hit the end of the whip with all his weight and the speed of the truck combined! Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]