Re: hat question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 20, 1998 at 14:39:30:

In Reply to: Re: hat question posted by Cap'n Paul on April 20, 1998 at 14:00:29:

: : Hi! I know this probably comes up a lot, but maybe someone could help me out. I'd really like to find a hat as close to Indy's as possible. I've heard that the Stetson Temple is pretty close, and not to get the "Official" hat found at the Miller Hats website because it has a teardrop crown instead of creased. HOWEVER (and here's my question) I called Miller, and they said they are now getting shipments of the same "Official" indy hats, except with a creased crown, and they would no longer be carring the teardrop hats. Would the Official (creased) hat be closer to the origional than the Stetson Temple? Also, looks aside, what is the quality of the "official" hat compared to the Stetson? Any help would be appreciated..thanks!

:
: :Rick, hard to say what the difference would be regarding this new "official" Indy Hat and the Stetson Temple, or, for that matter, the Stetson Ark model, without finding someone who has ever ordered the newer version you've described. I will tell you this though. I own a couple of Stetson cowboy hats, a straw hat for when I used to work a 1500-acre farm, and a black beaver felt for country/western dance competitions. Both hats rule the lower plains of hell as far as fit, durability, and value for the buck go. I wouldn't trade them for anything.
: Like you, I have been contemplating the Stetson Temple but I also like the look of the Ark model as well. Between the Stetson and the other hat you described, I'm partial to the Stetson. My problem is deciding which way to go - Temple or Ark. I like 'em both but would like to hear other's opinions. Can anybody out there provide some feedback on both Rick's question and my dilemma? -CP

Only regarding the Stetson...I have probably the grandpa of the "temple" version. Much softer felt, but very well made. Only problem I ever had with one was in a driving frog drowning rainstorm the dye finally released from the felt and ran down between my eyes. Rather disturbing to me, but my kids thought it was a hoot. I'm going to remember the phrase above concerning where Stetson rules! Not much more you can say concerning a further opionion of the Stetson hat. I've worn out two Temple of Doom Stetson's over the years, with one more still in the box, and I too totally endorse this hat for the price. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]