Re: BULLWHIP ORDERING

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 20, 1998 at 14:42:18:

In Reply to: Re: BULLWHIP ORDERING posted by Dan Borton on April 20, 1998 at 14:00:18:

: Just to add what Dale said, when you first get your whip you will notice that the thong will have its own natural curve which is caused by the tightness and looseness of the braid. When you swing your whip out always try to have the whip roll out along that natural curve. Also while I might have mentioned it in another post, Its a good idea to grease a new whip with a good leather dressing before you use it. It will make the new whip more flexible as well as help protect the leather from any moisture that it may encounter. By the way the life span of the cracker will depend on how much the whip is used. While they are pretty easy to make, I normally recommend getting a few extra crackers when you order a new whip. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

David Morgan also responded to me regarding the fact that they will repair most braided goods besides their own, and have a "cracker" replacement service at $15.00 plus shipping for a whip. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]