New Forum Novel

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tessa from 138.87.169.47 on June 14, 1999 at 07:55:21:

I thought we should start off with a new forum novel. Kind of like a sequel to the last one. There's no title yet, but feel free to add on and create a title. Tessa

Chapter 1
June 1956

Indiana Jones was sitting in his office, getting ready for vacation. He hadn’t had one in years, where he was free from archeology and adventure. He was finishing off grades for his students when the phone rang on his desk. He called out to the outer office,
“Irene, I said no calls.”
“I think you’ll like this one, Dr. Jones.”
Indy picked up the phone and barked, “Hello.”
“If this is how you act on the last day before your vacation,” said a soft voice, “I’d like to see what you’re like in a couple of days.”
Indy smiled a bit and said, “Hi, Kate. It’s not you I’m mad at. I’m trying to finish these grades and keep getting interrupted.”
“I understand, but three little ones were wondering when you were coming home.”
Indy laughed and said, “I’ll be home soon. Hopefully before our plane leaves for Cairo.”
“That bad, huh?” laughing a bit, “I’ll see you at home later. Love you.”
“I love you, too. Bye,” as he hung up.
Indy sat back in his chair and thought back. He and Kate had been through a lot over the years. Finding her again after so many years, he didn’t want to lose her. He almost did after they got married in India six years ago, when she got shot from an Italian crime lord. Since then, he was persistent about leaving Kate and their three children – Eric and Michael, who just turned five, and Lauren, who turned four --- at home when he went off for archeology digs. Kate didn’t mind, she had her hands full of being a mother and working both at Julliard and her family’s music company.
Indy was finishing up his grades about an hour later when the phone rang again. Frustrated, he picked it up and said, “Kate, I said I’d be home ---“
“It’s not Kate,” said a rough voice.
“Who is this?”
“A friend. Don’t go to Cairo, Dr. Jones. An evil awaits you.”
“Who is this?” he demanded as the phone went dead in his hands. Something’s wrong, he thought. He shook the feeling off, went to his car and headed home.
Home was a three story house in the suburbs of New York, with green shutters and a white picked fence. Indy still couldn’t believe how his life was now, as he pulled into the driveway. One moment he was a bachelor and free of responsibility, the next married with three kids. He shook his head as he walked into the door and called out,
“I’m home.”
Pounding came down the stairs as two little blond boys came down and said,
“Daddy’s home,” as they ran into his arms.
Kate came down, carrying Lauren, who was hiding her face in Kate’s chest. Indy laughed, took her from her mother’s arms, and said,
“Hi, Sweetheart.”
“Hi, Daddy,” as she put her fingers in her mouth, her chestnut curls tickling Indy’s chin.
“Kids,” called a voice.
Indy looked up and saw the maid standing by the kitchen, “Come on and help me a bit,” as she took Lauren from Indy’s arms. The boys followed her in the kitchen as Kate said,
“Missed me?”
“Sure did,” as he kissed her on the cheek.
Kate looked at him, “Something’s wrong.”
“What makes you say that?”
“I know you, Indiana Jones. You usually want to play with the kids when you get home and you never ever give me a kiss on the cheek unless something happened at the office,” looking concerned.
Kate knows me too well. He sat down on the stairs and asked,
“Did you get a call today about not going to Cairo?”
“No, but I did get this,” handing him a letter.
Indy opened the letter and saw in spikey lettering,
Do not go to Cairo. Or you will die!
“Indy,” Kate asked, “What’s going on?”
“I don’t know,” as he reached for the phone, “But I’m going to find out.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: