Re: Question for all die-hard fans....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-22.COL.cableone.net on June 14, 1999 at 19:01:54:

In Reply to: Re: Question for all die-hard fans.... posted by Rik Duel on June 14, 1999 at 15:43:09:

: Me, I'd be into it, especially if done well. In the film biz 'copying' is known as 'drawing inspiration from'. Just so long as it isn't too close. I mean, leave out the whip and fedora.

: For me, the Indiana Jones Genre has developed in a way that I myself would rather it hadn't. Each and every film revolves around a powerful supernatural object.

: There are excellent Indy-style scenarios that could involve intrigue, suspense, romance, action and adventure, that are not bound to have a finale surrounding a supernatural artifact.

: My thoughts,
: Rik.

Personally I would love to see more movies of this type, but only if they were well done. There has always been a market for adventure movies as you well know. I can recall going to the movies as a child and being mesmerized by swashbuckling adventure set in exotic and faraway places. I have seen numerous movies over the years that fit this bill. Then I saw my first Indiana Jones movie and was literally blown away. I was tranported back to that time in my childhood when such movies were almost magical. This trilogy is simply the best that this type of movie has to offer. To me Lucas and Spielberg got it right, and I like many of you hope they can do it again. Whether this will ever happen is open to question. But I cling to the idea that since these movies were commercially a success, it follows that they will revisit them in the future. But perhaps it will take more than that to motivate them, after all, they certainly don't need the money. With this release of another Star Wars movie it strikes me that perhaps there is some hope. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]