Re: Need help with Alden boots...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 14, 1999 at 19:39:27:

In Reply to: Need help with Alden boots... posted by Sean on June 14, 1999 at 18:00:57:

: Hi:
: This evening I contacted a sales representative at a store here in Canada that carries Alden products. I told him I was interested in purchasing a pair of the style #405 boots.

: He then engaged me in a conversation about sizing and I was completely out of my element as I've never been fit for orthopedic shoes before. Quite frankly I looked quite the fool as I wasn't sure what to tell him.

: I figured I could just order a pair in my size, no problems...Can anyone shed some light on where this leaves me now? I have no idea what to do and was sort of put off by the experience, especially when he told me it would be $450 Canadian!

: Desperately needing help,
: Sean
Speaking from personal experience, GET MEASURED BY THE PROFESSIONAL!!!! Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Now, I have worn a 9 1/2 B/C all my adult life, but when I ordered my Aldens I had to go to the professional foot doctor too. He measured my foot, looked at me, then asked, "Sir, do you mind if I change your shoe size?" I of course said no, that's what I was there for. He said, "very good, you wear a size 11 B!!!!!!" (exclaimation points are mine). Needless to say I was shocked, but the Alden's fit me like they were personally made for me. Professionals have told me that most men in North America are wearing shoes up to 2 sizes to small, so you're NOT the Lone Ranger here, my friend. Go with a professional sizing, especially considering how much you're paying for the item. Hope this helps. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]