Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from iax-minden-ppp0020.iamerica.net on April 20, 1998 at 20:33:35:

In Reply to: *LOL* Dale, you MUST be kidding me! posted by The Northlander on April 20, 1998 at 20:23:22:

: : : I just searched John Williams filmography to at the Internet Movie database and they really do list it! There is also a release date of May 4, 2000! Yahoo!

: : This is by far the most reliable and official information on the
: : internet. Why? Because nobody can screw with the IMDB or put fake information
: : into it. It has to be official.

: Was that a joke Dale? The IMDB has been screwed with so many times it would be impossible to count. There is nothing official about it whatsoever! You or I could write in and say whatever we want and chances are it will go up on the IMDB. They rarely check things over like they should, and are even worse at catching mistakes when they do check. Many, MANY fans have gotten things past them and into the database in the past. I'm guessing you people aren't all that experienced with the IMDB so I thought I should tell you the way things are over there. It's a nice tool to have, but not foolproof. I certainly wish and hope something like that Indy rumor is true, but do NOT put faith in it just because it was on the IMDB - you will almost certainly get burned. Sorry to burst your bubbles, guys, but it's the truth.

: -Northy-

You're right in saying that most of us don't have much experience with the
IMDB, well, at least I don't. I just thought that it was authentic. I
mean, if you were going to spread a rumor, then at least put it somewhere
people frequently go. That's the last place I'd look for new movie info.
I thought they only listed old movies there. This is all news to me.
Well, it brought a smile to my face at least.

-Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]