That would be Gene Wilder, Shorty.(NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Groo from ppp-207-193-0-142.kscymo.swbell.net on June 16, 1999 at 11:50:09:

In Reply to: Re: Denholm Elliott death... posted by Short Round on June 16, 1999 at 05:02:43:

:
: : I have a feeling he probably was. Actually, the movie I saw where I first thought 'I think Denholm Elliott might be gay' (NOT THAT IT MATTERS) was Brimstone & Treacle. He plays this philandering, non-practicing theologian, whose daughter is swept off her feet by a dark and devious young man, played by Sting (who also produced the soundtrack, with his Police cronies). I just thought that the scenes involving him and his secretary were funny to watch. I guess I just never imagined him as being straight, you know what I mean? So, Denholm Elliott playing a straight guy just felt kind of odd, to me.

: : But, you know what else I find interesting? When I watch the Indy movies, with the thought of Denholm being gay in the back of my mind, his character really develops another level. I can almost imagine him being in love with Indy, and I've always felt like I can sense a certain sadness in the way the character is played. And, maybe he plays a father figure for Indy because that's the only way he can express his feelings for his straight protégé. Of course, I'm sure that this wasn't the intention of any of the stars or filmmakers, but it's interesting. I wouldn't mind it if it actually were planned that way.

: :
: : : I know that Denholm Elliott died in 1992 and that he died from AIDS but I've never heard whether he was a homosexual or not. I know you don't have to be gay to get AIDS but I always thought he seemed a little effiminate and I just wondered if anyone knew for sure.

: : : By the way, he never seemed effiminate to me when he was playing Marcus Brody but when I've seen him in other films he struck me as kind of prissy.

: : : Please don't go all politically correct on me. I don't care if the man was gay or not, I'm just asking to be asking.

: Actually I think he died in 1994. And the only thing I think I seen him in besides Indy was this one episode of Columbo. And I seen him in this movie with that dude who was married to Gilda Radner. (What's his name!!!!!)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]