Re: Hot weather.....and fedoras

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust79.tnt1.provo.ut.da.uu.net on June 16, 1999 at 16:06:33:

In Reply to: Hot weather.....and fedoras posted by Steve on June 16, 1999 at 09:56:43:

: Hey, does anyone out there wear their fedoras in the summer? I have to admit that I retire mine until autumn comes around. (and I hate doing it!) Down here in the south the heat and humidity is just too much for me. My main hat now is a Stetson Markham, totally reshaped into the fedora style, and with the brim cut down to the proper dimensions. It looks like Indy's fedora, only in the straw that Panamas are constructed of. I had to alter this hat because I have been unable to find a fedora in straw that has a wide enough brim. Steve

I am currently wearing my modified Dave Morgan Akubra (felt fedora) in the field. It's in the mid-nineties here in Utah. Sometimes I revert to a white straw hat if it becomes too intolerable. But, I always wear a bandana under the hat, draped over my neck for added protection from the sun. I choose sun protection over coolness any day. --nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]