Re: The Takers

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Forrestall from proxy2-external.elcjn1.sdca.home.com on June 16, 1999 at 20:29:25:

In Reply to: The Takers posted by NIck Kismet on June 13, 1999 at 21:19:58:

: Has anyone here ever read a two novel series from the mid-eighties called The Takers, by Jerry Ahern?
: I love these novels, and wish that there had been more. However, I can't seem to find much information about the writers, why they stopped or who else out there liked them as much as I did.
: These are the perfect modern day counterparts to Indiana Jones novels.
: If you haven't read them, and are interested, you might find them at a used bookstore with all of the Executioner novels (same publisher Gold Eagle, which may be why the series didn't last.)
: To the newcomer, a word of caution: These books are written for gun nuts, so get ready for lots of tech talk. Also, sometimes the action level is kept up by the insertion of extraneous plots (e.g. the Jamaican pirate who tries to kill our heroes--no direct bearing on the story, but still lots of fun.)
: If anyone out there has an opinion on these novels, let me know.

Nick, I know Jerry Ahern quite well. The reason THE TAKERS eas only two books was creative differences with the publishers over another series. The characters appear in vol. 2 of a Grail Anthology called "Grails Visitations of the Night" p191,titled "Seige Perilous", Published in 1994 by Roc Books, New York City. Jerry likes Josh Culhane,and says THE TAKERS may return. By the way, Jerry has been a gun writer for years. Addressing firearms enthusiasts as "gun nuts", no matter how politically correct you are trying to be, is like calling Star Trek fans "Trekkies" or Indy fans "S F Fantasy Freakos". Any new info on THE TAKERS I will post. Forrestall

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]