Re: Some questions about the Ark...IMPORTANT!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim (London) from 195.44.37.106 on June 17, 1999 at 06:53:55:

In Reply to: Some questions about the Ark...IMPORTANT! posted by ROB T. on June 17, 1999 at 04:02:03:

: I was reading the Ark theories on this site and I have some questions. Someone in this forum (I don't remember who) said that "Raiders" depiction of the Ark was inaccurate. Is this so?
: I know that the Bible gives very detailed descriptions of how the Ark was to be built; measurements, the angels on top, etc. How closely did Spielberg follow these.
: Does the Bible really speak of the Ark levelling mountains and laying waste to entire regions? Is an army which carries the Ark before it really invincible? And what about Shishak? I know he's in the Bible but could he really have stolen the Ark? Did Tannis ever exist and was it consumed by the desert?

: Lastly, does anyone have a theory about why Belloq found only sand (and death) inside the Ark? Where were the Ten Commandments and Aaron's rod?

: I REALLY WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THIS STUFF!!!

I read or heard that the Ark was made of wood covered in gold leaf..?
One of the theories was that the people who died because they touched it were actually electrocuted due to massive build up of static electricity and the beams coming from it was lightning. Can't remember where I heard this.

Tim (London)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]