Re: hat question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick from std44040.richmond.edu on April 21, 1998 at 09:55:12:

In Reply to: Re: hat question posted by Dan Borton on April 20, 1998 at 23:00:50:

: While this is probably not much help, I have been looking for a new Indiana Jones hat for a while now too. Excluding the Herbert Johnson or the Custom hatters version, I have narrowed it down to the Stetson Temple, the Stetson Ark, which seem almost identical, and Dorfman Pacific’s licensed Indy hat. I have yet to decide which one to get, as I like all three of them. Its difficult for me to tell which is closer to the movie hat, without seeing the hats up close though. BTW For those wondering the Stetson Ark does have the center creased crown like the Temple.

: Dan

It seems we all have the same dilemma here. From the pictures on various web sites, the licensed hat might look the closest, but again, I can't really tell 'cause they're only photos.
So, granted the Stetsons are quality hats, does anyone know the quality of the licensed hat (maybe someone who has bought the teardrop version)? I would think the newer (creased) version shouldn't be that much different, if made by the same company.
They're all roughly the same price, $80-95, but i'm thinking the licensed hat might be a case of paying more for the "official" name, without the quality of an equivalently priced hat. Maybe i'll end up ordering the licensed hat and an Ark or Temple Stetson (assuming these companies have a decent return policy), compare them, and send one back. Thanks for the responses, they've really helped so far..

rick

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]