A thought about Jock...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on June 17, 1999 at 23:08:43:

A few weeks ago we were talking about whether or not Jock had brought Indy into the jungle or was just there to pick him up. If Indy flew in then why did he need donkeys and porters for a trip of just a few hundred feet? If he walked in then how did Jock know where to pick him up?
I don't have a definitive answer but I do have another piece of the puzzle I'd like to throw out there that adds to the mystery.
When Indy and Satipo and Barranca are walking along and they find the poison dart in the tree, Satipo picks it up and tastes it. He says, "The Hovitos are near. The poison is still fresh. Three days. They're following us."
and Barranca says, "If they knew we were here, they would have killed us already."

My observation is this. It seems that Satipo is saying that the Hovitos have been following them for three days which would mean that Jock couldn't have dropped Indy off at the place in the river where we see him waiting. They must have been trekking through the jungle for at least the last three days.

What do you all think???

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]