Re: The restless professor

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive869.dialup.mindspring.com on June 18, 1999 at 08:55:04:

In Reply to: Re: The restless professor posted by Professor Jones on June 17, 1999 at 11:54:22:

: : : So Indy, just like the rest of us, changes jobs more than once in his life. This is a surprise??

: : : : As you can see by the mailing address he teaches at Barnett College in Fairfield, New York. In addition, his mailbox/office is in Hamilton Hall on Grove Avenue.

: : : : Fairfield does exist- it is between Ithaca and Binghamton. I've never heard of Barnett College, though. I think it's really supposed to represent CORNELL UNIVERSITY! Go Big Red!

: : : : Abner
: : : : "Try the hot pockets- they're breathtaking."

: : For academia, yes, as it sure is difficult to obtain tenure moving from university to university. Regards. Michaelson

:
: It is also possible he was a "Visiting Professor" at Princeton. I had
: that title when I taught at Lansdowne College in London a number of
: years back during a leave of absence from my home institution.

: Regards,
: Professor Jones

I think the filmmakers didn't really want us to know exactly where he taught, just at a generic US college/university somewhere in the Northeast (although exterior shots were done in England), where many colleges are located. You would never be able to tell from the film alone since it is not mentioned in the dialogue, etc. This would account for the different places he supposedly "taught" at. But they did use the name "Barnett College" for LC, and in the Atlantis video game you can see the red line drawn from the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York to NYC.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: