Re: Kate diminutive of Katherine...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kate from Flavostriata.dw.net on June 18, 1999 at 13:16:45:

In Reply to: Re: Kate diminutive of Katherine... posted by Kate on June 18, 1999 at 13:14:04:

:
: : Kate is a wonderful name to settle on. Eventhough I suggested "Alecia", I find that Kate does really suit you far better.
: : As you are coming of age soon (or sooner or later), "Kate" sounds more dignified and mature. It gives you an interesting and rather intellectial look (yes the name can do that too!).

: : Names are very special. Each names has a deeper meaning. Many names have their origins and some special one even have a history.

: :
: : Here is something you might want to nkow about the name YOU chose:

: : Kate---> coming from Katherine(or Catherine),Katrina/Katarina/Catarina, Catina,Katlina, Cathryn/Karthryn;THE IRISH COUNTERPARTS: Caitlin,[COYT-leen],Kathleen,Caitríona [Cat-REE-ona] Catriona, Caitrín, Cait,....all meaning "pure"(greek).

: : It's also strange to note, that in my life and especially in connection with Indiana, the name "Katherine" or any of it's diminutive has more than frequently arisen. Curiously "Katherine" always led me to associate with Indy... both in fiction and reality! It IS strange.

: : If you don't understand this now, ask me so I can explain it to you more clearly. The coincidences are astounding and... somtimes so mystifying and uncanny that it irks me.

: : ~~~~

: : Deirdre
: : [DARE-dra/DEER-dra]
: : "The one who rages..."
: : (Ancient heroine of the tale of the Sons of Uisneach)
: :

: : (Wear something "pure".)

: My name is derived from Kathryn. I think Kathryn sounds too old for me and so did my mom but she liked the name. Everyone has called me Katie since I can remember, but now being 14, Katie sounds too babyish for me. So I'm Kate!
Kate
Everyone in my family has a plaque that tells where their name comes from and what it means. Really pretty things...well anyway, mine does say "Pure" on it, followed by a bible verse. It's pretty cool.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]