Re: Double buckle on bag strap..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 21, 1998 at 13:11:24:

In Reply to: Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. posted by Dan Borton on April 20, 1998 at 21:57:39:

: : Yeah, Dan, I noticed that too, but I watched Raiders this weekend with the exclusive reason to determine if that buckle actually existed, and it is indeed there in several shots. Smaller in size, but there all the same. I then watched T of D, and pulled all the photos of this strap/bag setup, and the strap has been changed to a one buckle with a silver snap/rivet to attach the strap to the rear ring. These buckles are actually slides for length adjustment. I bet the rear slide in the first movie turned out to be to much length, the bag does seem to go up and down in lengh in several scenes, that they determined to remove the rear one for the next two movies. The strap seems narrower in the third movie, to my eye, too. Been staring at the tv screen to long this weekend watching for this. Regards. Michaelson

:
: Michaelson, which scenes could you see the 2nd buckle? After reading your note, I went back to check Raiders, There were a couple scenes with a metal buckle on Indy’s back strap, but I really think that the bag was just backwards. There were some really clear shots during the market place fight, then right as Indy is about to shoot the Cairo swordsman and then again in the well of souls were you could see the front of the strap had the buckle, and the back was attacked to the ring with a small metal rivet. However its very possible though that with inconsistency of a props and costumes used in the films that there were two different straps for the bags.

: Dan

Very true. I am refering to the same scenes you are, but using frame by frame referencing through an editor, the second buckle is visable the best during the fight scene in the street of Cairo. I think there had to be more than one, and it definately was removable, considering that on the page showing the bag that Butterfield auctioned off, the strap was NOT included with the bag. This strap has evolved along with about everything else that has been used, with the exceptions of the whip and shoes, I believe. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]