Re: Here's some of what I think I'd find...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port100.noc.bignet.net on June 20, 1999 at 09:22:53:

In Reply to: Re: Here's some of what I think I'd find... posted by Mr. Clark on June 20, 1999 at 06:10:51:

: : I think the old man left me the trunk to pass on what he'd learned from his adventures and maybe to instill a sense of history in me and inspire me to have some adventures of my own. I think I would find a leather-bound journal; one he kept for all those years or maybe one he put together from memory after retirement since he was pretty busy in his early years.
: : I'd also hope to find a great pocketwatch because I've always wanted one.
: : A folder full of maps with the places he'd visited marked off.
: : His gun and holster.
: : A great compass.
: : Bits and pieces from various archeological digs; some that had sentimental value and others that just weren't suitable for sale to the museum.
: : A photo album with pictures of Sallah, Marion, Marcus and many others that the old man had told me about while I sat on his knee.
: : A good pocketknife with a mother of pearl handle.
: : His passport with exotic stamps from many places that no longer exist.

: ...The headpiece to the staff of Ra bundled in paper warning that the ark had already been found.
: Aside from the journal, as if organized for another to pick up, a compilation of clues gathered on his path for the Peacock's Eye.
: Bundled with journal, an old piece of canvas, which is a partial map for finding the Sankara stones.
: Letters from Remy, Sallah, Abner Ravenwood, and his mother. College love-notes from Marion. (I've always had the feeling he was a big letter writer)
: Perhaps a few gifts or momentoes from archeological disciples-students.

Grandpa Henry just passed away, and he left me an old trunk. Let's see what's inside!!

Look!! A collection of journals detailing Gramps many expeditions (he always was going on some damn fool crusade). There's even one here that belonged to Gramps' dad, Henry I. Interesting!! Huh? This one has a train ticket sticking out of it. May, 1916.

That's odd! A handbill for a sufragette meeting.

A saxophone? I didn't know Grandpa played the saxophone!

A bundle of letters. Let's see: Bartlemy Brogunda, "Ned" Lawrence, Helen Seymore, Henry Jones Sr., Remy Boudouin.

Strange! A locket with a little girl's picture inside. I wonder how it got this dent in it?

A map. Wait, there's something scratched into the parchment. Follow the horses to Alexander's greatest triumph. That's cryptic!

An old pocketknife. Cool!!

A passport! Man, look at all those visas! Cairo, Nepal, Venice! Wow, he was all over!! And look at these ticket stubs!

Now, that's cool!! A gun and holster. Looks like a Webley. Cool!!

Hmmm. Some kind of satchel. There's something inside. Oh, Gramps extra whip.

One more thing left; Grandpa's old pair of glasses. Kinda like a reminder that no matter how many adventures you have, what really matters is intellect!! He was a Professor, you know?! Well, I'm gonna cherish this tuff for the rest of my life. It will probably be a long one. Grampa lived to be 100!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]