What a bunch of sissies!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Steve from ppp-56.COL.cableone.net on June 20, 1999 at 18:14:17:

In Reply to: Camel Spider posted by Danno on June 20, 1999 at 13:12:20:

: While I was in the service I had the pleasure of serving in the desert. That camel spider is by far the most ferocious thing I have ever seen. Including the scorpians and the biting and spitting camels. It is about the size of a half dollar and is white or cream colored. The menacing part is it has 4 huge fangs, which it will continually snap at you if you get near it. The fangs reminded me of a staple puller. My comrades used to put them up against scorpians in a box, the outcome was about 50/50. Definetly stay away from CAMEL SPIDERS! Danno

Just kidding really. But it seems that when it comes to pests and varmints we tend to be a bit more ethocentric than usual. Why down here in the south we have our share of potentially fatal critters, like the cotton mouth, alligators, rattle snakes, copper heads, not to mention brown recluse spiders and black widows, to name a few. But when you grow up around them they don't seem so bad, at least from a distance. When backpacking I always shake my boots before I put them on, and I always, and I mean always look before I step. Not bad advice for anyone in any habitat. Steve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]