Re: Indiana Jones and The Egyptian Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Man with the Hat from port73.noc.bignet.net on June 21, 1999 at 10:53:23:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones and The Egyptian Escapade posted by Tessa on June 21, 1999 at 09:07:29:

: Hi, group. I wrote about three chapters and thought well it's time to have the forum have a go at it. Have fun and you can change the title. I just haven't figured out what artifact in Egypt Indy should go after. Tessa

: Chapter 1
: June 1956

: Indiana Jones was sitting in his office, getting ready for vacation. He hadn’t had one in years, where he was free from archeology and adventure. He was finishing off grades for his students when the phone rang on his desk. He called out to the outer office,
: “Irene, I said no calls.”
: “I think you’ll like this one, Dr. Jones.”
: Indy picked up the phone and barked, “Hello.”
: “If this is how you act on the last day before your vacation,” said a soft voice, “I’d like to see what you’re like in a couple of days.”
: Indy smiled a bit and said, “Hi, Kate. It’s not you I’m mad at. I’m trying to finish these grades and keep getting interrupted.”
: “I understand, but three little ones were wondering when you were coming home.”
: Indy laughed and said, “I’ll be home soon. Hopefully before our plane leaves for Cairo.”
: “That bad, huh?” laughing a bit, “I’ll see you at home later. Love you.”
: “I love you, too. Bye,” as he hung up.
: Indy sat back in his chair and thought back. He and Kate had been through a lot over the years. Finding her again after so many years, he didn’t want to lose her. He almost did after they got married in India six years ago, when she got shot from an Italian crime lord. Since then, he was persistent about leaving Kate and their three children – Eric and Michael, who just turned five, and Lauren, who turned four --- at home when he went off for archeology digs. Kate didn’t mind, she had her hands full of being a mother and working both at Julliard and her family’s music company.
: Indy was finishing up his grades about an hour later when the phone rang again. Frustrated, he picked it up and said, “Kate, I said I’d be home ---“
: “It’s not Kate,” said a rough voice.
: “Who is this?”
: “A friend. Don’t go to Cairo, Dr. Jones. An evil awaits you.”
: “Who is this?” he demanded as the phone went dead in his hands. Something’s wrong, he thought. He shook the feeling off, went to his car and headed home.
: Home was a three-story house in the suburbs of New York, with green shutters and a white picked fence. Indy still couldn’t believe how his life was now, as he pulled into the driveway. One moment he was a bachelor and free of responsibility, the next married with three kids. He shook his head as he walked into the door and called out,
: “I’m home.”
: Pounding came down the stairs as two little blond boys came down and said,
: “Daddy’s home,” as they ran into his arms.
: Kate came down, carrying Lauren, who was hiding her face in Kate’s chest. Indy laughed, took her from her mother’s arms, and said,
: “Hi, Sweetheart.”
: “Hi, Daddy,” as she put her fingers in her mouth, her chestnut curls tickling Indy’s chin.
: “Kids,” called a voice.
: Indy looked up and saw the maid standing by the kitchen, “Come on and help me a bit,” as she took Lauren from Indy’s arms. The boys followed her in the kitchen as Kate said,
: “Missed me?”
: “Sure did,” as he kissed her on the cheek.
: Kate looked at him, “Something’s wrong.”
: “What makes you say that?”
: “I know you, Indiana Jones. You usually want to play with the kids when you get home and you never ever give me a kiss on the cheek unless something happened at the office,” looking concerned.
: Kate knows me too well. He sat down on the stairs and asked,
: “Did you get a call today about not going to Cairo?”
: “No, but I did get this,” handing him a letter.
: Indy opened the letter and saw in spiked lettering,
: Do not go to Cairo. Or you will die!
: “Indy,” Kate asked, “What’s going on?”
: “I don’t know,” as he reached for the phone, “But I’m going to find out.”

:
: Chapter 2

: Indy and his family arrived in Cairo the following afternoon. He still had an uneasy feeling about bringing his family when their lives could be in danger. Indy looked around and saw someone familiar walking towards him.
: “Indy, my friend. Good to see you,” as the man hugged him.
: Indy smiled as Sallah let go and said, “Now where is this family I’ve seen pictures and read about?”
: “Right here, Sallah,” as he turned around, “Those two blond boys are my sons Eric and Michael,” pointing at them. “And the other blonde and the little girl in her arms are my wife and daughter.”
: Lauren raised her head, eyed Sallah, and buried her face in Kate’s chest. Kate laughed a bit, stroked her daughter’s back, and said,
: “Laurie, it’s ok. This is Daddy’s friend, Sallah.”
: Lauren looked at Indy, as she lunged towards him. Indy took her from Kate as Lauren said,
: “Daddy, is he ok?”
: “He’s fine, sweetheart,” smiling and looking at Sallah and said, “Sallah, this is my youngest, Lauren Marie.”
: “Hello there, Lauren.”
: “Hi,” as she put a finger in her mouth. Sallah touched the girl’s hair and said,
: “She’s beautiful, Indy.”
: “She’s gets it from her mom,” smiling brightly at Kate.
: Sallah went over to Kate, gave her a big hug, and said, “Welcome to Cairo, Kate. You’ve transformed my friend here.”
: “I just married him, Sallah. Nothing more,” smiling brightly.
: Sallah laughed and said, “She does have a sense of humor. Good thing in a woman. Come along to the car.”
: “Did you get my message?” Indy asked as they walked out of the airfield.
: “Yes, but I don’t quite understand who would be after to you,” smiling a bit, “But with your reputation, I bound its’ just a troublemaker.”
: “I hope so,” looking at Lauren in his arms, “I don’t anything happening to my family, Sallah. I almost lost Kate once in Goa…” remembering.
: “But Daddy,” Lauren said, “Momma’s right there,” pointing at Kate.
: “Yes, she is, pretty one,” Sallah said as he picked her up from Indy and put her into the car and said, “You don’t need to fear, Indy. Your family is safe here.”
: I hope so Indy thought as they drove to Sallah’s place. When they arrived, Kate looked at Indy, touched his arm, and said,
: “We’ll be fine. Really, no one who harm American tourists.”
: “Are you forgetting about Goa?”
: “That was a freak of nature.”
: “Children,” said Sallah, “Why don’t let your parents talk? You can meet my children.”
: “Ok,” as Eric and Michael ran into the house and Lauren held Sallah’s hand to go in. Indy looked at his wife and said,
: “Kate, you almost died in Goa.”
: “Yes, but I was there to find you, not as a tourist.”
: “But…” as he looked at his fair-haired wife. Kate put a hand to his mouth and said,
: “No buts. We’ll all be fine. Just relax and enjoy your vacation.”
: Kate out of the car as Indy said, “First sign of trouble, we’re going home.”
: “Chicken,” as she patted her pocket and said, “I have plenty of protection, Indy. I have my gun in my pocket and two big strong men to protect me. What can go wrong?”
: Indy shook his head as they went inside. A man was watching them from a distance and said,
: “You’ll regret coming here, Indiana Jones.”

:
: Chapter 3
: Indy woke up the next morning and noticed Kate not besides him He got up, dressed, and went to see Sallah. The burly Egyptian looked up, smiled, and said,
: “Morning, Indy.”
: “Where’s Kate?”
: “No good morning, my friend?” chuckling.
: “Indy,” said Fayah, Sallah’s wife, “Your wife and children went out to the marketplace a while ago.”
: “Alone?”
: “You have nothing to fear here,” Sallah said, “Kate and the children had breakfast and decided to let you sleep.”
: ‘What time is it?”
: “Almost noon.”
: Indy stretched a bit and asked, “How long have they been gone?”
: “Almost two hours.”
: “They should be back soon” Indy said, “The boys have a time clock with lunchtime.”
: “They are a good looking bunch,” Sallah said, “You truly have been blessed.”
: “Thanks, Sallah.”
: “Now, your daughter is your youngest?”
: “Yes, she is.”
: “She doesn’t talk much.”
: “She’s a bit shy,” Indy said, “but until she knows you better she’ll talk so much you’ll want her to be quiet.”
: Sallah laughed and said, “And your boys act like you do, full of adventure. They will carry on for you after you are gone.”
: “With my luck, they will be like Kate and become musicians.”
: “Your wife is a musician?”
: “Used to be,” sipping some coffee, “She owns a music company in New York.”
: “I see,” then looked at him, “what happened to Marion?”
: Indy’s expression soured a bit, “We drifted apart. She didn’t like all the traveling I did with my line of work, so she left.”
: “Do you still love her?”
: “There will always be a part of me for her. But Kate was the one person that got away from me.”
: “I don’t understand…”
: “Remember me mentioning a girl in Chicago I wanted to marry? Before Deirdre?”
: “Yes, but…” then his eyes widened, “Kate?”
: Indy nodded, “She left me after finishing my studies at the University of Chicago. We met after Marcus died. And the rest is history.”
: “You learned to love again. And that is good,” Sallah said.
: Indy nodded as he kept thinking back to the day he lost her, the day she came back in his life, and when they got married in India. He smiled at Sallah and said,
: “It is good, Sallah.”

: Around the same time, Kate and kids were heading back to Sallah’s home. The boys were running ahead of her saying,
: “Come on, Mom, we’re hungry.”
: “Ok, ok,” as she held a basket in one hand, and Lauren’s hand in the other. She looked at her daughter and said,
: “Do you want to join Eric and Michael?”
: “No, Mommy. I stay here,” in her soft voice.
: Kate smiled a bit at her young daughter. Lauren was the mirror image of Indy but she had Kate’s shyness and gentleness. She spoilt the child since the day she was born, prematurely, on Valentine’s Day. It was a difficult pregnancy unlike with the boys. She had to be off her feet by Christmas and one day didn’t listen and tripped down the stairs on one of the boys’ shoes. Indy was terrified that day, waiting in the waiting room with the boys and Henry. After Lauren was born, Indy held them both tight, sobbing, and praising God that they were all right. She never had known Indy to be emotional as that day in the hospital. Kate snapped out of her reverie as Eric shouted,
: “Mom, can we get some candy?”
: “You’ll ruin your lunch,” she reminded him.
: “Pleassseeee!!!!” both twins said, staring at her with their huge hazel eyes. The vendor , smiling a bit, said,
: “Please, madam, I give you free samples,” handing them each a piece of hard candy.
: Eric and Michael gladly took their pieces and put it into their mouths. Kate looked at the candy, stuck it in her pocket, and said,
: “Thank you,” and then noticed the boys acting differently. Eric turned around and said,
: “Mommy, I feel funny,” as he collapsed along with his brother.
: “Boys!” as Kate ran to them, leaving Lauren to hide without the vendor noticing. As she looked at them, her world went black as she was hit in the head.

I don't understand you people!! Tessa pours her sweat and blood into a good story for the enjoyment of the Indyfans and you do nothing but criticize it!! How many of you have ended up in positions in life that a few years earlier, you had no idea that's where you would be? The story takes place in June, 1956!! Indy is almost 57 years old!! I think he might retire and settle down by then!! You all should be ashamed!!

On a separate note, am I the only one that's getting tired of all the petty bickering that's going on in the forum? I come here to enjoy my self and talk about Indy-related topics! I don't come here to see who's fighting todat!!

That's all,

The Man with the Hat

"Fortune and Glory, Kid. Fortune and Glory."

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: