Re: Double buckle on bag strap..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 22, 1998 at 12:47:23:

In Reply to: Re: Double buckle on bag strap.. posted by Dan Borton on April 21, 1998 at 22:28:43:

: : Very true. I am refering to the same scenes you are, but using frame by frame referencing through an editor, the second buckle is visable the best during the fight scene in the street of Cairo. I think there had to be more than one, and it definately was removable, considering that on the page showing the bag that Butterfield auctioned off, the strap was NOT included with the bag. This strap has evolved along with about everything else that has been used, with the exceptions of the whip and shoes, I believe. Regards. Michaelson

:
: Michaelson, I looked again, and I could see a couple scenes during that fight were there was a metal buckle on Indy’s back strap. I can’t say I am convinced that there were two buckles though or if it was just backwards, but its very possible. My guess is that the props department had to have more that one style of the strap for various bags in Raiders. Just before Indy shoots the swordsmen and then in the Map room there are a couple really clear shots of the front and back straps and to me, the assembly to the bag looks very similar to the one from the Temple of Doom, other than the color.

: Dan

Yep, that's how I see it too. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: