Where's Chapter 5 in this forum? nm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kate from Fuscipes.dw.net on June 23, 1999 at 06:34:15:

In Reply to: To Man With the Hat (and others interested in the novel I started) posted by Tessa on June 22, 1999 at 18:46:02:

: My chapter six version, unless you want to change it...Chapter 6

:
: Indy stared at disbelief at Lauren. He thought he was hallucinating until Lauren said,
: “Daddy!” and lunged at him.
: Indy took his daughter, hugged her tight, and had tears streaming down his face. Indy looked at her and asked,
: “Are you okay?”
: “I ok,” as Indy gave her a kiss on the forehead. He looked at the man and asked, “Where did you find my daughter?”
: “In the marketplace. She was hiding in one of my baskets.”
: “But how did you know…”
: “She said she was Jones. I search high and low to find you until someone directed me here.”
: “Indy,” as Fayah interrupted, “Let me take her inside. She’s had a rough day.”
: Indy nodded as Lauren went with Fayah. He handed the man some money and said, “Thank you.”
: The man left as L.C. asked, “Jones? You are Indy Jones, the archeologist?”
: “Right,” as Indy crossed his arms, “What of it?”
: “I’ve heard about you, but I didn’t realize…”
: “That I have a child?”
: L.C. nodded and Indy smiled, “It’s ok, I get that reaction all the time.”
: L.C. stared at him as Sallah said, “Madam, we need to know about the golden disc of Ahknaton.”
: “Why?”
: Indy looked at the woman and said, “My wife and sons’ lives depend on it.”

: Back at the warehouse, Kate was staring at her captor, tied to the chair and her face stained with tears. She gave him a hard look as he said,
: “I hope Jones will find the disc for me.”
: “Where are my children?”
: “They are safe. Do not worry.”
: “You drugged my sons, hit me, and tie the four of us up…”
: “Four?” the man said confused, “There are more?”
: Kate looked at the man in disbelief and said, “You don’t have all of us?”
: “I have two boys,” looking at her.
: Kate realized, Lauren … they don’t have Lauren. as the man came to her and asked, “Who else was with you, Mrs. Jones?”
: Kate looked at the man, refusing to speak, as he chuckled and said, “Come on now, who else?”
: “No one,” defiantly. The man looked at her, slapped her across the face, grabbed her blouse and yelled, “Who else was there?”
: “Sir?” said a voice from behind.
: The man turned and said the Arabic man in the doorway, “Can’t you see I’m busy?”
: “We heard that a man visited with Jones today. The man brought him a little girl. Jones’daughter.”
: The man nodded, dismissed the man and turned to Kate. He looked at her, slapped her face and said,
: “You whore. You lied to me.”
: Kate’s upper lip split from the slap and a bruise started to form on her left cheek. She looked at him and said,
: “Go ahead and kill me. And Indy will find you and kill him yourself.”
: The man smiled wickedly as he started to unbuckle his belt and said,
: “That would be too easy for you,” as the man unhooked his belt and dropped it on the floor. He grabbed Kate’s blouse, ripped it off along with her bra, and said, “I plan on hurting you in the most cruel way.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]