Re: Chapter of Man with a Hat's version of the Egyptian Escapade

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kate from Fuscipes.dw.net on June 23, 1999 at 09:38:41:

In Reply to: Chapter of Man with a Hat's version of the Egyptian Escapade posted by Tessa on June 23, 1999 at 09:11:08:

: Chapter 8

: Elsie and Indy looked at the map as he pointed out, “Look, a river, the temple and in the middle of them, there’s a symbol.”
: “The symbol of Ahknaton,” Elsie said.
: “But which way?”
: Elsie looked at him and said, “Don’t you know your geography, Indy? It’s the Nile. The river is,” looking at the map and then at him, “in the west.”
: “Right,” as he folded the map and put it in his pocket, grabbed Elsie’s hand, and started to walk as she said,
: “Where are we going?”
: “To get some horses from Sallah,” as they walked out of the temple, “and find the disc.”

: The man threw Kate into a locked room after he had his way with her. Her torn blouse was replaced with a t-shirt, her face covered in dried blood and dirt and her hair a mess as she curled in the corner and started crying.
: Then the door opened, Kate refused to turn around until she heard,
: “Mom?”
: She turned around and saw her sons. She ran to them and said, “Eric, Michael,” as she hugged them, “Are you alright?”
: “We’re fine,” Eric said as he looked at her, “Are you?”
: “I am,” putting on a brave smile. Eric was always the stronger, protective twin, even at five years old. Michael had been the shy one and kept to himself as he looked around and asked,
: “Where’s Laurie?”
: “They don’t have her,” Kate said.
: “She got away?” Eric asked.
: Kate nodded as her sons looked at her and asked, “What should we do?”
: “Pray, pray for your lives.”

: Indy and Elsie were mounted on horses in front of Sallah’s house. Lauren’s eyes widened at the sight of her father as she asked,
: “Can I come too, Daddy?”
: “Stay here with Uncle Sallah and Aunt Fayah,” roughly.
: “But,” tears filling her blue eyes, “you need me.”
: Indy got off the horse, picked up his daughter, and said, “You’re too young.”
: “Daddy,” the tears flowing out harder, “I might lose you.”
: Indy suddenly realized what his daughter had seen in the marketplace. Poor kid. She just seen her mother and brothers taken away and thinks I’m next he thought. He hugged her tight, wiped the tears from her eyes and said,
: “I’ll come back, sweetheart…with mom, Eric, and Michael.”
: “Promise?” looking at him with those eyes that reminded him of Kate.
: Indy nodded as he handed her to Sallah, mounted back on the horse, and said to Sallah,
: “Keep an eye on her, Sallah.”
: “I’ll guard her as I would my own children.”
: Indy nodded, turned to Elsie and said, “Let’s go,” as they rode off into the night.

Where's chapter 7? The last I saw was ch. 6!
Kate

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]