Bravo!!nm

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy from 209-130-180-232.nas-1.MON.frontiernet.net on June 23, 1999 at 14:46:06:

In Reply to: Chapter 10 of the Egyptian Escapade posted by Tessa on June 23, 1999 at 13:03:17:

: Chapter 10
: Indy and Elsie stared at the object with awe. Finally, Indy grabbed the disc and felt the floor shake.
: “Booby trap!” as they ran to the rope and climbed up on it. They barely made it when the temple closed up. Indy collapsed into the sand and said,
: “We made it!”
: Indy didn’t hear Elsie respond back and turned around. A man held Elsie tight with a knife at her throat. Indy made a motion for his gun as he heard,
: “Now, Dr. Jones, no foolishness,” as another man stepped out in front of him.
: “You!” recognizing the man from the warehouse.
: “Drop the gun, Dr. Jones or the girl dies.”
: Indy dropped the gun as the man looked at him and said, “I knew you would find it, Dr. Jones.”
: “Who are you?”
: “This woman,” gesturing at Elsie, “knows.”
: Elsie looked at the man and said, “It couldn’t be…”
: “Elsie, who is he?” Indy asked.
: Before Elsie replied, the man said, “Omar Kazim. High Priest of Ahknaton.”
: Indy was dumbfounded as Omar said to his men, “Take them back to Cairo. We’re going to have the sacrifice…using them.”

: Kate, Eric, and Michael were sitting in their locked room. Michael looked at her and asked, “Are we going to get out of here?”
: “Your father will be here.”
: “Why can’t we do something?” Eric asked.
: Kate shook her head and said, “I can’t move.”
: “Mom, what happened?” Eric asked.
: “Did they hurt you?” Michael asked.
: “Yes, they did,” looking at her sons with tears in her eyes, “in a bad way.”
: Just then the door unlocked and opened as the boys stood in from of their mother, Kate looked up at the guard and said, “Leave us alone,” looking at the ground.
: The guard pushed two people in and locked the door. The boys looked away from their mother at the new people and said, “Dad!”
: The boys ran to him as Indy got a hug from them both and he asked them, “Are you ok?”
: “We’re fine,” they said.
: “Where is your –“ and then saw her. He almost didn’t recognize her, “Kate?”
: The woman looked up at him and Indy gasped. Her face was swollen, her lips spilt and blood and dirt on her face. He ran to her, held her as she winced and he asked, “What happened?”
: “He hit me several times when I wouldn’t tell him about Lauren,” as she looked at him, “Is she…”
: “She’s back at Sallah’s,” as he touched her face and Kate winced. Indy looked at her and said, “Are you alright?”
: Kate nodded as her eyes filled with tears as Indy sensed she was hiding something, “Kate, are you sure…” as she stared at him and he realized, “He touched you?”
: Kate nodded slowly and started crying openingly. Indy clenched his fists tight and said, “Dammit, he raped you,” then looked at Elsie and said,
: “Ok, talk. Who is Omar?”
: “One of the most powerful people in Egypt,” she said as she knelt down on the floor, “And my half-brother.”

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]